Whether you are a novice looking for your first assignment or a working professional looking for a change, you will need to look for an opening in your field. There are normally three modes of scouting for an opening. Every mode has its advantages and disadvantages.
Through advertisements in the mass media or job portals
In this case, you will need to scan the mass and social media platforms to seek out the organisations who are hiring for the positions you are interested in. You then modify your CV to suit their requirement and submit the same. You may try to gather background information about the organisations and its culture etc. This can be an arduous exercise .If you have to do this for all the organisations, it will, in itself, become a full time job with uncertain results.
Through Social media
Social media is also a potent route for landing high paying jobs. For this, you join groups on linked, face book etc; write blogs to get noticed and be sought after. This is a long drawn process hence not suitable for immediate results. Use of social media should, therefore, be adopted as a long term strategy for aiming at leadership positions.
Using recruitment agencies
Employing recruitment agencies has tremendous benefits like:
- A large number of organizations outsource the hiring activity to Recruitment agencies. These agencies, therefore, have good network with these organizations. They are the first set of people who come to know of details of the upcoming vacancies.
- Due to their long association with these organizations, they are well aware of their working environment, culture and HR policies. They can brief you on this hence you will be saved the drudgery of background checks.
- When you enroll with recruitment agencies, they study your CV and interact with you to appraise you vis-à-vis the available openings. Therefore, they send you for interview only to those organizations that are suitable for you in terms of profile, temperament, etc and your chances of selection are high. This protects you from the ignominy of rejection. In short, they aim at creating a win-win arrangement for both you as well as the employer.
- These firms can also work as intermediaries to get you a better pay package.
- If you have been registered once, you form part of their data bank. This information can be used by them to offer you a better opening even if you are not actively looking for a change. (This is called headhunting).
- Their services are free you, the aspirant.
The trickiest part is to find a good and professional recruitment agency. It is advisable to enroll with an agency that specializes in handling cases pertaining to your profession as against a generalist e.g. If you are a Digital Marketing professional, you should enroll with Digitant Talent Solutions (DTS). DTS is a recruitment setup that specializes in the placement of digital marketing professionals with organizations of great repute. Not only this, they have world class online training material that will prove invaluable for updating your skills. They also conduct online certification examinations to evaluate your skill levels so that you can be placed at a position most suited for you. These certification exams are free of cost and are conducted just to let you know strengths and indicate the areas that need honing up.
Come to DTS and get placed quickly and at the right position.