A well-trained employee who has worked with your organization for a certain length of time gains organization specific skills and gathers valuable, and maybe, sensitive information about you. Thus, he not only becomes one of the more valuable assets but is also a potential source of divulgence of organization’s sensitive information to competitors.
Let us try to analyze why an employee would want to migrate. Some of the more tangible reasons are:-
- Lack of job satisfaction: This is the paramount reason and includes lack of expected challenge in the job; a sense of on job staleness that means the job becomes monotonous; Lack of appreciation for the job well done.
- Stagnation: There is, at times, a feeling that there is no scope for growth for the individual.
- Other reasons: There can be a plethora of other reasons. It is not possible to discuss all these in one blog. HR Department should be vigilant enough to detect lowering trend of morale of the employees and take corrective actions
So far as the Digital Marketers are concerned, the rate of change in technology is so high that their efforts start failing to reach the target clientele vis-à-vis the competition. This is a typical case of diminishing returns. This will also adversely affect your sales and ROI of your digital marketing team.
It is, therefore, important for you to make the work environment appealing and conducive to the growth of your employees so that your employees would not want to migrate.
One such action can be to provide incentives for good job done. For hardcore professionals up-gradation of their skills can be a very good reward. The training can be conducted in-house, through networking and by sponsoring the right employee for training in training institutes. For the full benefit of training, it should be continual i.e. undergone at appropriate intervals. Trainings conducted at an institute may lead to the loss of considerable man hours. Hence self-study is a better alternative and provides a win-win situation for both, the employee as well as the employer. So, provide them with the right type of training material and encourage them to get their skills evaluated by a reputed agency and publicly acknowledge their accreditation. Cash and other incentives should also be incorporated into your HRM system.
This will give the following two advantages to your organization.
- The package of Training, accreditation and public recognition will revitalize the individual. He will work with increased enthusiasm.
- The other members of the team will also be motivated to compete with this individual. This will enhance the overall performance of the digital marketing team to give it a winning edge.
Digitant Talent Solutions (DTS) is committed to providing highly-qualified talent to organizations. In this quest, we have taken a step into training young digital marketers as well. We published an eBook titled, “Digital Marketing Pandect” some time back and are all set to release the next edition. This book can help digital marketers understand the newer concepts in the field and hone their skills further.
You can get a preview of the book at Amazon Kindle.
Your employees can take one of our certification exams as well and get suitably accredited. These exams are conducted online and are free of cost.
Use our services to train and certify your team to bring the competitive advantage in-house.