It is a team work, and in this age and time, it’s becoming even more important to have the right team: From Senior management to Junior level employees. That is why hiring for long term goals in mind should always be on the top of recruiter’s list of priorities. In such a scenario, the cost associated with attracting and retaining the best talent is critical for all businesses big or small. However, with increasing job applicants pile and tough competition to fulfil the role, it is becoming very difficult for employers to find the best suitable fit for the job role. A company can hire their employees on their own or let the experts handle it.
Working with an expert recruiter can take a lot of pressure off the HR of the company and make the position fulfilment quick and smooth. Choosing the right recruitment vendor is almost as nerve wracking as choosing your spouse. As they say, it has to be a match made in heaven. A recent study shows that companies outsourcing talent acquisition to third parties is pegged to grow at 14-16% per annum till 2021. The primary benefits of approaching recruitment companies are cost efficiency, access to large talent pool, position fulfillment on time, industry specific expertise and streamlined workflow. Below list speaks about some of the most important points one must consider for choosing the right recruitment/staffing vendor partner.
1. Assess the relevant Industry Expertise of the recruitment vendor
It is very important that the selected staffing firm must have in depth industry expertise that will ensure you to get the right talent for the role and the business. A recruitment company that specializes in the same industry will attract the most qualified candidates and could populate a high quality pipeline because the vendor that is knowledgeable in that industry understands the end to end skillsets that are required for a successful hire.
2. Analyze their Recruiting Process
Before finalizing any recruitment vendor, it is very important to learn what type of recruitment process the vendor uses to provide the qualified candidates and see if it is in line with your hiring needs. Below are some of the key questions that you need to ask your vendor during evaluation:
- What is their sourcing and screening process? Get a few examples of typical questions they ask.
- What types of background and reference checks are performed? How long does that process take?
- Do they administer tests to evaluate candidates’ technical skills? It’s better to have a look at their sample candidate evaluation sheet to know on what basis the evaluation is performed.
- Where do they tend to find their candidates? A strong vendor uses resources other than standard job sites.
3. Validate the Quality of candidates provided by them
The priority of vendor should be to place the candidate who fits the company’s culture and environment apart from just matching the position requirements. This is possible only through extensive interviewing of candidate and constant communication with the Hiring Manager. Many recruiting vendors end up sending many resumes to the Hiring Manager but this is not the efficient way to ensure a placement. The Hiring Manager would rather like to have less number of high quality profiles rather than more number of low quality ones. It is better to ask the potential vendor about their staffing metrics like placement ratios, placement outcomes, turnaround time (TAT) and candidate/client satisfaction.
4. Understand the nature of the recruitment vendor
Staffing vendors are easy to find, but locating one that fits the company’s needs requires some research. It is always suggested to meet their service staff, not just their sales team and try to understand how they organize their client’s team to deliver service. Meet staff members from different departments and try to analyze the points such as:
- What is the financial strength of the company?
- Will the agency be able to fill the positions that your company is looking for?
- Has the vendor ever worked in the industry you are looking to hire candidates for?
- What are the vendors pay rate and benefit packages?
- Are they more focused on quality or quantity?
Decision makers should choose a vendor that value the company’s business and takes time to provide exceptional service.
5. Assess their track record of success by enquiring their clients
The best way to track their success is by learning more about their current and past client relationships. Ask for the names of their past, present and former clients. Randomly talk with a few of them about what they like the best and least about their partnership. However, if you are venturing on your own, ask for how many years are they into staffing business, ask about their relationship with their clients, ask them on what all areas they have worked earlier, etc.
With the above key considerations, we believe that we have covered the most important points one must look at during the process of choosing the best recruitment company/agency as a vendor. Are you looking for a niche Digital Marketing staffing vendor for your organization? Feel free to get in touch with us to explore the best digital marketing talent that can enhance your company to achieve success.