Every healthy individual wants to succeed in life. One, therefore, strives to have a lucrative career as soon as possible. The dilemma would be which career is best suited for you. I would say choose a vocation that is nearest to your heart, a profession that is compatible with your interests and attributes and attitude. For example, if you are computer savvy, creative and can think out of the box, digital marketing is one of the professions in which you can flourish.
Since universities do not have courses designed for digital marketing, aspirants of this profession tend to go in for any university degree or MBA in marketing and then look for a job as a digital marketer. This leads to rejections because an enterprise will prefer to hire a Digital marketing Career-Oriented person rather than a person holding an irrelevant university degree.
1. The first reason why a professional digital marketing certification is better than a university degree is because it helps you in developing digital marketing skills.
- There are career-focused courses, immaculately designed for specific sub-disciplines of digital marketing. This enables you to have your pick from a basket of offerings.
- Since these are short courses and are available online, these are updated from time to time to incorporate the latest trends and techniques of the industry.
Digitant Talent Solutions (DTS) who have been in the field of training and recruitment of digital marketing professionals have launched the latest version of their eBook titled, ‘Digital Marketing Pandect’. This is a highly acclaimed training material for both the new aspirants as well as the marketing professionals who want to change their stream to digital marketing.
You can get a preview of the book at Amazon.
2. A digital marketing certification course saves time in more ways than one.
- It is a three to six months’ course as against a degree course which is of three to four years’ duration.
- Most of these courses are on line hence you do not have to commute regularly to your institute. This saves time.
3. It gives you flexibility. Since the courses are online, you are not bound by fixed timings like a university. You can work at your convenience. This flexibility gives you the freedom to attend to something equally important concurrently.
4. Like time, these certification courses are great money-savers as well.
- The digital marketing courses cost just a fraction of what one has to pay for a full fledged university degree course.
- These are online courses. Hence you save the cost of commutation as well.
5. Digital marketing certificates are widely recognised and given due credence at the time of recruitment.
DTS is a well-recognised accreditation agency for digital marketing professionals. We evaluate their skill levels through online Certification exams. These exams are free of cost. There are different evaluation exams for individuals with different proficiency levels. The levels are
- Level I: This exam is to evaluate basic digital marketing skills. It is best suited for digital marketers with up to three years’ experience.
- Level II: This is meant for Digital Marketer with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Level III: This is meant to evaluate the Digital marketing professionals with more than 5 years’ experience.
For a career in digital marketing, you need not invest your time and money on university education. Take a short course in digital marketing and let your career flourish.