Position Title: Web Manager
Position Type: Full-time/Permanent
Salary Range: Based on Company norms
Job Location: Coimbatore
This role is primarily focused on effective content presentation and usability on our website. Our site offers great opportunities in content presentation, storytelling, mobile and social sharing. This person will help our marketers take full advantage of the capabilities of the platform to tell their stories within the structure of our site. Doing this will require an understanding of platform design and functionality, good usability background, familiarity with web and mobile conventions, and recognition of our best content in terms of the content experience.
- Work closely with digital leads across Marketing and Communications (Operating Groups, Businesses, and Geographies) to shape content experiences on our website, ensuring alignment with the company’s brand, digital best practices, and platform capabilities.
- Work with the brand team to ensure verbal and visual brand compliance of content and designs
- Develop and deliver training and guidance covering best practices for our website and content design and execution, collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Review our website project requests and aid content owners in keeping to site standards.
- Maintain an understanding of content owners’ needs and request new site modules as necessary.
- Lead development of toolkits for turnkey solutions, when and where needed
- Define our strategy and guidance for mobile in the context of the main site. Update regularly based on trends, results and feedback from clients and other marketing leaders
- Manage accessibility requirements and testing. Communicate to the digital leads methods for testing adherence to accessibility requirements.
- Work with our global data privacy team to insure all needed legal needs are met
- Identify emerging technologies and web best practices, determine opportunity for our company, and develop industrialized solutions where/when appropriate
- Conduct occasional evaluations of competitor sites, and report on best practices across other cutting-edge sites
- Review external evaluations of our website and respond to their findings
- Bachelor’s degree, university degree or equivalent, preferably in web design or marketing.
- Minimum 7 years marketing experience, with 5+ years of that comprised of digital marketing specialization, including web design experience, interactive media or advertising creative design.
- Marketing degree preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Professional services or business-to-business marketing experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated skills in digital marketing.
- Experience with mobile: apps, websites, etc.
- Experience with broader web design
- Deep understanding of, and ability to apply, integrated marketing concepts, branding and message-development skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. Strong project-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to influence highest levels of leadership within our large, matrixed organization through relationship-building and strong executive-level presence.
- Ability to develop and apply creative and ingenious solutions to complex issues.
- Experience in working with agencies (e.g. advertising, interactive and specialized such as mobile)
- Experience with business-to-business marketing and large, complex programs a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with other areas within Marketing & Communications and other areas within our company.
- Comfortable working with colleagues in various geographic locations, demonstrated ability to be effective in virtual working environments.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian